SAVE THESE DATES: UPCOMING 2018 EVENTS - Check back later for more details
Celebrating APAA's 15th Anniversary 2003-2018
- Friday, March 2, 2018: Asian Lunar New Year Fundraising Luncheon
- Saturday, April 28, 2018: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month celebration at ImagineRIT
- Sunday, May 6, 2018: Asian Family Fun Day at Memorial Art Gallery
- May 8, 2018 - June 18, 2018: City Hall Link Gallery exhibit celebrating national Asian Pacific American Hertage Month and APAA's 15th anniversary, featuring the Chinese Art of Paper Cutting by local artist Longze Zhang, and others. Opening reception TBD
ASIAN LUNAR NEW YEAR FUNDRAISING LUNCHEON
Gong Xi Fa Cai! Gung Hay Fat Choy! Happy Asian Lunar New Year of the Earth Dog! Join in the celebrations as Asian communities around the world, and Rochester, partakes in this most meaningful holiday arriving on Friday, February 16, 2018.
You are invited to APAA's Annual Asian Lunar New Year Fundraising Luncheon scheduled for Friday, March 2, 2018, 11:30-1:30 p.m. at the China Buffet, 376 Jeferson Road, Jefferson Plaza, Rochester, NY 14623.
Featuring Full Asian Buffet & Mongolian BBQ. Join us in celebrating the 15th day of the Lunar New Year - the Lantern Festival with great food, fun, networking and raffle prizes donated from our community. All proceeds benefit APAA programs for the Greater Rochester community.
Reserve your seat today!
$18/person prepaid by Wednesday, 2/28; price increases to $25 after 2/28 and at the door (cash only). Includes tax, tip, a hot or cold drink, and one raffle ticket. Come enjoy special Lunar New Year dishes, meet new friends and greet old friends. Open seating.
Checks should be postmarked by Saturday, 2/24 payable to APA-HIP, APAA/New Year Lunch, P.O. Box 10503, Rochester, NY 14610; please include attendee names, email address and phone number (for confirmation).
To pay by credit card or PayPal, please fill in the attendee names and click on the button.
Hosted by APAAroc.org volunteers; this is an outreach to share, promote and celebrate the Asian Lunar New Year, a timeless tradition of a rich heritage and culture celebrated by the Asian communities in the U.S. and overseas for centuries. All proceeds fund APAA programs to benefit the Greater Rochester Area community.
Did you miss our tenth anniversary exhibit in 2013-2014?
"See Us Now...Greater Rochester's Asian American Community" premiered December 10, 2013 through Monday, January 27, 2014, Mon-Fri., 9 am - 5 pm., Rochester City Hall Link Gallery, 30 Church Street. Don't miss looking back at the APA community over the past ten years!
Available for a limited time, you can go online for the APAA OnCell Tour.
Read about it:
- Democrat and Chronicle article: Exhibit Highlights Local Pan-Asian Community
- News Release - City Hall Link Gallery to Host Photo Exhibit Celebrating Rochester’s Asian-American Community